Studying in Baden-Baden
We want you to enjoy and succeed studying with us. That's why we've optimized our study programs so that you benefit from many of the advantages typical of VICTORIA, such as the close link between theory and practice in all areas.
Our classic classroom study program (CLASSIC) is z. B. Designed so efficiently that you can complete your bachelor's and master's degree in the standard time frame, but only need to be on campus two days a week. This leaves you with three free workdays per week to do whatever else interests you: z. B. your first start-up, a job on the side or lots of sports.
Alternatively, you can study with us dual (DUAL), d.h. you work and study two to three days per week in a company and have additional two days per week of on-campus classes. This prepares you optimally for the practice and also pays your tuition fees!
If you want even more flexibility, then simply study with our distance learning program (DISTANCE): Here you alone decide where and when you want to study.
BADEN-BADEN AS A PLACE OF STUDY
In the smallest cosmopolitan town of Baden-Baden you can combine art, culture and recreation in one of the most beautiful areas of Germany. The former residential city on the edge of the Black Forest also impresses students with attractions such as the new Black Forest National Park, the beautiful Caracalla thermal baths, and also with an attractive shopping, lifestyle and sports offering.
In addition, the excellent transport connections (bus, train, freeway, airport) allow spontaneous weekend trips to nearby major cities in Germany and abroad as well as to the neighboring Alsace region.
VICTORIA Baden-Baden is located in the Cite district on the campus of EurAka Baden-Baden | Breisgaustrabe 17a | 76532 Baden-Baden, Germany.
Equipment & more:
- Bright, large seminar rooms with professional equipment
- in-house library with computer workstations and thousands of e-resources
- WLAN throughout the university building
- Free course and sports program
- Park-like campus area with sports facilities and skate park
- Excellent accessibility by public transport, long-distance traffic and car: bus stops right in front of the door, Baden-Oos main train station within walking distance, close to the A5 junction
- Free parking on the campus grounds
- Campus on-campus dormitory
- Campus's own F3 Mensa and evening offerings in the F2 Lounge
- Campus own event location with recording studio
- Shopping Cite shopping center and Cineplex cinema in the immediate vicinity
BERLIN AS A PLACE OF STUDY
International, energetic, creative! As a European metropolis with well over 3.5 million inhabitants, Berlin has a lot to offer: The cosmopolitan city with its eventful history uniquely combines politics, science, art and culture with multicultural events, gastronomic diversity, diverse shopping opportunities and popular music and trendy clubs.
Berlin is also becoming increasingly popular as a dynamic business location, especially for up-and-coming start-ups. The perfect city for the new phase of your life Study!
VICTORIA in Berlin is in a prime location, right in the heart of the city, near Postdamer Platz and the government district| Bernburger Strabe 24/25 | 10963 Berlin.
Facilities & more:
- Bright, large seminar rooms with professional equipment
- In-house library with thousands of e-resources and a reading room PC workstations
- International dormitory on-campus
- Stable WLAN in the entire building, computer lab
- Comfortable courtyard, garden area behind the building
- Excellent accessibility by public transport: Potsdamer Platz (S/U), Anhalter Bahnhof (S), Mendelssohn-Bartholdy-Park (U)
- Postdamer Platz, Mall of Berlin, Tiergarten, Brandburger Tor, Reichstag, Friedrichstrabe and Gendarmenmarkt within walking distance
- Gendarmenmarkt, Brandenburg Gate and Checkpoint Charlie right next door
- In-house cafeteria, numerous pubs and restaurants in the immediate vicinity
Study with practical relevance and maximum flexibility, on only two campus days per week
Our Classic Studies is the optimal form of study for students who prefer regular classroom instruction. Whereas students in traditional face-to-face study models spend almost every working day of the lecture period at the university, VICTORIA relies on a study organization that flexibly adapts to individual life circumstances and leaves enough room for personal wishes. That's why our university follows the innovative "split week" concept. This means that students spend half of the week at their first place of study, the university, and the rest of the time at their own convenience. Despite year-round attendance, the program allows sufficient time for gaining practical experience in the company and for personal development.
Advantages Classic Studies:
- 20 hours per week on campus (only two days per week on campus)
- flexible and plannable time management
- Maximum freedom for secondary professional activities (possibility to finance your studies)
- the opportunity to gain work experience during your studies
Study on-campus and gain work experience at a company – 20|20 each week
One of the most important success factors for companies is practically trained employees with business expertise. A practice-integrated dual study program at VICTORIA teaches you the basic areas of business administration (BWL) as well as economics and law, methods of scientific work, foreign languages and intercultural skills in dialog-oriented teaching formats. Theory and practice are optimally coordinated, so that you will be fit for the working world or a master's degree after graduating with a bachelor's degree – regardless of which of our dual study programs you have in mind.
Your opportunities with the practice-integrated dual study program at VICTORIA:
- You study with a strong practical orientation in one of our cooperating companies.
- The split-week model allows you to immediately apply what you have learned in practice, because you study 20 hours each week at the university and work 20 hours each week at the cooperation company.
- Your tuition fees are partially or fully covered by the cooperating company.
- You can already gain professional experience during your studies.
- A dual study program at VICTORIA increases your chances of being offered a job immediately after graduation or of being taken on directly by your partner company.
Study purely online, from home or on the road.
VICTORIA allows you to earn your bachelor's and master's degrees regardless of time and place. In our Distance model, you can plan your study time in such a way that it harmonizes optimally with your job and your free time, without having to adhere to a rigid study schedule. Rather, your studies adapt to your pace and your goals!
Our approach of blended learning allows maximum flexibility and at the same time guarantees the highest possible effectiveness of the teaching units. The distance model can be completed either full-time or part-time, d.h. extra-occupational, to be studied. Blended Learning stands for a mixture of online content (self-study) and live webinars. With us you will receive study materials that are structured in such a way that they can be worked on flexibly. Using the most modern methods and multimedia knowledge transfer, this enables distance learning that is in no way inferior to face-to-face study.
In May 2015, VICTORIA was awarded the Erasmus+ Charter. VICTORIA students have the opportunity to spend a semester abroad at a partner university or an internship in a company abroad as part of Erasmus+. VICTORIA graduates can also use the Erasmus+ program to do an internship abroad even after they have finished their studies.
Erasmus+ is the European Union's program for education, youth and sport. Erasmus+ combines the previous EU programs for lifelong learning, youth and sport, and European cooperation programs in higher education. The program contains three key actions:
Key action 1 – Learning mobility of individuals
Key Action 2 – Collaboration to promote innovation and share best practices
Key Action 3 – Support Policy Reform
Erasmus+ has a budget of around 14.8 billion euros. euro funding. More than four million people will benefit from EU funding by 2020. The seven-year program is designed to improve skills and employability and promote the modernization of education, training and child and youth welfare systems. For more information on the Erasmus+ program, please visit the homepage of the European Commission.
Erasmus+ for students
The funding is primarily used to strengthen mobility within Europe and, since 2015, to a lesser extent with other parts of the world as well. Around two million students are expected to benefit from Erasmus+ by 2020, including over a quarter of a million from Germany. Students in all study cycles up to and including the doctorate who would like to complete a part of their studies or an internship abroad are included in the program.
For the first time, students will be able to receive funding for up to 12 months in each of the Bachelor's, Master's and Doctoral programs in the process. To increase the financial incentive to study abroad, the monthly mobility grant for students will also be increased, especially for host countries with higher living costs. Internships abroad are possible in the future even after graduation. Finally, Erasmus+ offers students who want to complete an entire Master's program in Europe the opportunity to take out a low-interest loan for this purpose. The previous Erasmus Mundus excellence funding, which supports the entire master's studies of outstanding students in selected European master's programs with a joint degree, will be continued under Erasmus+.
The Erasmus+ app provides students with regular information and also accompanies them every step of the way during their stay abroad.
VICTORIA is characterized by its international focus and explicitly welcomes applications from prospective students and students from other countries.
You got your university entrance qualification abroad and now you want to study in Germany? Our International Office offers support to prospective foreign students and students as a central point of contact for all questions and concerns regarding a successful start to their studies at hwtk, such as: